Sunday, April 18, 2010

Friday's Lunch- Pizza Day

Sorry I didn't post this Friday but the truth is I had a big weekend planned with my little girl and my bestie and her kiddos (we went to the Owl City concert last night and I was wrapped up in all that, cleaning house etc etc on Friday afternoon.)
OK so on to lunch.

OK this is the first one, it's Turkey Tetrazinni. Which the kids really like actually but it could be better if they used whole grain noodles. The green beans aren't a bad option, the kids really like those as well, but I would love to see them cooked fresh occasionally, or maybe even from frozen and not overcooked like these canned ones.

Pizza Day... really this wouldn't be so bad, if the crust was whole grain. I read somewhere recently about pizza being much more healthy if not only is the crust a whole grain but if it is baked a little darker as well. It would be lovely as well to add some really tasty vegetable to the pizza as well. If they made the sauce for the pizza from scratch they could actually grind up some zucchini and other vegetables to give the kids more veggies. This is how I make my sauce at home and my kids live it because it has a lot of texture. It would also eliminate the HFCS (BLAH) that the pizza has in it. Improving the sugar high and crash that kids get after lunch. The Mandarin oranges appeared to be in a natural juice so for that A+.

Oh I wanted to mention that Lance decided to get white milk all on his own today. I think all this talk about the insane amount of sugar in the milk he has been overhearing coming from my mouth has prompted this change. I asked him why, he said because the white milk was more healthy. He's only 4 so we'll see how he choses tomorrow. He only gets white milk at home, which he happens to drink an insane amount of, so I know he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop