Monday, April 12, 2010

Waging war for our kids

OK I am starting this blog with one immediate goal in mind and that is to raise awareness with parents in Arlington Independent School District in Arlington, Texas about what kids are really being served at school during lunch.
My future goal is to get the school board and Jackie Anderson, the FNS Director to realize that the goals of FNS are not being reached and that there are positive steps that can be made to better improve their goals for the students of AISD.

The other day I wrote a note to Jerry McCullough, Jackie Anderson, Mike O'Donnell, Gloria Pena, Wayne Ogle, Jim Ash, Peter Baron, Dr. Aaron Reich and Bowie Hogg asking about positive changes to the school lunch program. Of the school board members only Gloria Pena has responded (which I appreciate more than you know). Jackie Anderson wrote me a lovely letter that was well and included some literature. In my communications with Gloria I came up with a wonderful idea to invite them to have lunch with me on Monday April 19th. I am trying at this point to set up that appointment with Mrs. Anderson who has said she would come. Just working out the details at this point.

I will be posting pictures of the lunches my children are eating at school on a daily basis. And making notes on how these meals could be improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop